6/03/2005

some days life is a carly simon song

how's every 1 doing tonight? i'm posting later because we've been up in the air regarding this weekend's third estate sunday review. jess wanted us to a theme along the lines of the humor them a few years back and while we love the idea we all needed to think about it.

that's not think about how we would write about it but think about if we want to do the theme.
we do. the last hold outs have said yes.

and now we're facing down a massive effort to pull this thing together.

so my point here is don't expect much right now because my mind is reeling from what we'll be doing there. it's very creative and i'm excited about it but it's going to be intense.

c.i. said 'if we fail, we fail but it's good to stretch and try.' i don't want to spoil the theme but i think it will work and i think people will enjoy it.

ruth's going to provide some input for us and kat is on board as well. so it will be ava, dona, jim, ty and of course jess, betty, c.i. and me.

it's going to be a fun creative excercise.

and i agree that whether it works or not, it will be worth trying. jess is so clever to think it up.

it's been an interesting day for all of us. but that's another story. i will note that jim got his wallet stolen early this morning and then later in the afternoon a similar incident happened to c.i. and that ava and i were both harrassed by crazies to our face at different times today. kat says the bad vibes are upon us and that we need to do this excercise this weekend to cleanse ourselves.

hopefully, people will read it and laugh. but if they don't, we'll still have learned something from the excercise. and hopefully, we'll be able to score some points we wouldn't be able to otherwise.

do i sound excited? i really am. my mind is racing just thinking about it.

i'll give a heads up to folding star's comments on deep throat, that isaiah has a hilarious (if you've seen irma la duce) comic at the common ills, and note that betty posted wednesday at her site in a must read chapter on the latest on betinna. i was on the phone with her and she's excited about this weekend as well but wondering whether she'll have the 'creative juices' for it. i'm sure she will. i'm more worried about ava and c.i. because it will probably be harder to carve out 2 new personalities for their tv review which has always been their voices and now they'll have to create a new voice.

if something bigs happens, the editorial will be straight. like jim and c.i. said, if the sunday times of london has a new expose, that'll be the editorial but otherwise we'll stay in character for the editorial as well.

anyway, look for it. dona said she was thinking of the carly simon song 'touched by the sun' all day. i think that sums up my own feelings pretty well.

But deep down inside I know
I've got to learn from the greats
Earn my right to be living
Let my wings of desire
Soar over the night
I need to let them say
"She must have been mad"
And I, I want to get there
I, I want to be one
One who is touched by the sun
One who is touched by the sun
I've got to learn from the greats
Earn my right to be living
With every breath that I take
Every heartbeat
And I, I want to get there
I, I want to be one
One who is touched by the sun
One who is touched by the sun

that captures my mood right now. some days life is a carly simon song.