5/12/2005

jill is moving from third wave agenda to feministe

if you've ever checked out third wave agenda, you know jill is a smart woman. i don't do a great deal of links but c.i. did tell me, repeatedly, to check out jill. when i finally did, i put her on the blog roll. though third wave agenda will go on with occasional posts, jill is now going to be posting at feministe.

martha and maria both e-mailed me heads up and c.i. phoned me.

i agree jill is an important voice and i'm happy to link to her. i will also congratulations to her for graduating college and getting into duke. a lot of us have huge hopes for jill and, fortunately, she's a strong enough woman to carry those expecations. she's 1 to watch and i'm sure she'll surprise and delight us in ways we can't even imagine right now.

i almost did a thing here on jill's last column but i saw c.i.'s thing at the common ills and felt i had nothing more to add. c.i. and maria have already spotlighted jill's last regular blog at third wave agenda:

Maria e-mails to note Jill's latest at Third Wave Agenda:
Third Wave Agenda, as we know it, is over.
Lauren of Feministe has asked me to co-blog with her, and because she and her blog are so amazing, there was no way I could turn down that offer. I'm really excited to be posting over there, and I hope that all the great, loyal commenters will follow me!
I'm not sure what the future of Third Wave Agenda will be. I'll probably keep posting on it, but posts will probably be few and far between and it will likely turn into something a bit more personal and much less political -- the interesting political stuff will go on Feministe, while the stupid crap about "feelings" and what I did today will go here. So, it will probably be very boring to anyone who doesn't know me (and honestly, most people who do know me will probably be bored with it too). And while I hate going all Livejournal on people, hopefully when ya'll see how rad Feministe is, you'll get over it and will spend lots of time there to fill the hole in your heart that TWA's demise has certainly created.
So... this is my semi-official farewell. I graduate tomorrow and will probably be sad, so I'll post something about that here so that I can start getting into the new "personal blog" format. We'll see how it all works out.
Maria asks if we can provide a link to Feministe. I've been able to reach half the panel plus one and explain Maria's argument (which I agree with): Jill passed the panel, the community likes her blog, she's stopping her blog and going to Feministe, since she's been approved, can we go ahead and provide a link to Feministe. All that I was able to reach were fine with it. So we will provide a permalink to Feministe tonight (and, as Maria requested, put it right under Third Wave Agenda's link). (I've also advised Rebecca as Maria requested and she says she'll add Feministe to Sex and Politics and Screeds and Attitude later today.)

what's left to say after that? well i can note that jill already has her first post up at feminite:

First posts are so intimidating.
I’m really thrilled to be here at Feministe with Lauren, and very flattered that she asked me to co-blog with her. This blog has been at the top of my favorites list for a long time, and so it’s a real honor to be asked to post on it.


jill goes on to give a run down of herself and you'll see she's a pretty cool woman. as readers of ava and c.i.'s tv reviews at the third estate sunday review know, they loathe everybody thinks they like raymond. so does jill which is one more reason that makes her eternally cool in my book.

while i'm spotlighting, the article on common ills community member ruth went up sunday at the third estate sunday review. ruth is a wonderful woman and that comes across in each of her ruth's morning edition reports at the common ills. if you haven't checked out the article on ruth, please go read it.

ruth is only one of the many wonderful members of the common ills. kat of kat's korner is beyond groovy. and she'll have a cd review tomorrow up at the common ills so look for that. isaiah is another groovy community member. isaiah does the illustrations. and i spat out my coffee this morning when i saw isaiah's latest. it's a comic of john bolton attempting to come on the united nations by suggesting a three way - yes, we've now all heard the rumors of bolton's sex life. i really loved that one and it totally caught me by surprise. i saw the 1 that will go up sunday and it's funny as well. isaiah's comic strip is called 'the world today - just nuts.' so true.

and let me note community member and senate chronicler folding star of a winding road who posted on bolton and bernie sanders. sander is completely cool and i'm going to spotlight that part of folding star's entry:

Representative Bernie Sanders, the progressive Independent member of the House and one of the 38 who voted against the Bill in February, has something to say about this:
President Bush and his right-wing colleagues in Congress have launched a full-scale effort to limit and control the programming Americans are able to see and hear over the airwaves and the Internet. In short, they're going after your computer, your radio and your remote control. ...
If [they] have their way, it means goodbye to "The Sopranos," goodbye to Jon Stewart's "Daily Show," goodbye to the boys of "South Park," goodbye to "Deadwood," goodbye to Dave Chappelle and goodbye to many other shows enjoyed by millions. Faced with strict FCC censorship rules, all of these programs will be removed from television altogether, substantially rewritten, or banished to late night.

i'll close by noting that jill graduates tomorrow and wishing her all the best.