1/15/2005

i took yesterday off because i had a date. the common ills was very helpful to me and i want to take a moment to note that. i wasn't sure how i'd find time between work, getting ready for the date, the date and hopefully after (yes, there was an after! a hell of an after!) to blog.
words of wisdom from the common ills gave me the ability to throw off the guilt and fear.
this morning was a lazy stay in the bed morning (and no, i wasn't alone!) but once he left and i started my day, i checked out the blogs i trust.
i found a post by a winding road from yesterday that's dealing with england's prince harry and his decision to dress as a nazi. it says a lot about the culture we're in today and i'd recommend you read it, http://awindingroad.blogspot.com/2005/01/enabling-atmosphere.html.
but what spoke to me most was the start of the post:

So, it's Friday again already. I'm sure you'll have noticed that I didn't end up posting yesterday. I was working on a post that will probably end up going up this Sunday, but in the end I didn't have time to finish it yesterday.
My intention is to blog every day, but as you've already seen, there will be days when something will come up. So, instead of apologizing whenever that happens, let me just say a general "Sorry about that!" right now for all future times I may miss a day. Hopefully, it won't be that often.

folding star worried about missing a post on thursday. i worried in advance of friday about not doing one friday. you know what, the world doesn't appear to have ended for either us.
or for you. so i'm going to remember that sometimes i may be "blocked" and just not post and sometimes i may be too busy and not post. and what happens happens.
kat of kat's korner at the common ills says she's not going to be fixing typos and that "it is what it is." i think i'll use that motto too. it is what it is. some days it will be up, some days it won't. it is what it is.
i want to thank kat for that and for the e-mail where she told me basically "rebecca, get a grip, no one's going to deny you the right to fuck, no one on the left. so go for it, girl, the blog will still be here when you're date is over. hopefully that will be late saturday afternoon!"
i want to thank folding star for the post on a winding road from friday and wish i had read it while i was rushing around trying to get ready for my date because i wouldn't have felt so bad during the start of the date. i did feel like i was not living up to my responsibilities.
and i want to thank the common ills for all the hand holding and advice i've gotten. i'm sure on ci's end it must be like charlie sheen in wall street when he explodes "i'm not your wet nurse!" to a co-worker who's always asking 'what do I do?' but ci was nice and patient and i appreciate that.
i also want to note that when i said calling the new republic left was like saying the washington monthly was ramparts came from ci. 2 people have e-mailed that they thought that was very funny. i was freaking out over that section and couldn't think of a comparison. i e-mailed ci and got a response within the hour saying "use washington monthly to ramparts." i googled ramparts to find out what it was and saw that it worked beautifully.
i'd asked ci if i should attribute and got back, "don't be silly." but with 2 of you hailing it as being funny, i want to give credit where it's due.
this isn't my only post for today. please, where's my smart ass attitude? you don't think i'd post without smart ass attitude do you? this is just me taking a moment to note some thanks to a number of people: the common ills, kat and a winding road.
and i'll thank my best friend elaine who i'll be on my way out of the door to meet shortly and giving her all the details of last night.
but when i come back to post today, don't worry, i'll be back to talking sex and politics with my usual screeds and my usual fuck you attitude.

No comments: